How to Repair Smoke Damage
Fire can cause significant damage to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as destructive. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor, while your walls can be stained by smoke soot. A fire can have lasting and catastrophic both to your family and your home.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our fire restoration specialists are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately, so we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your AC.
- Move large fans towards open windows and doors to suck out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. The technicians from Paul Davis a variety of soot repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our experts are specialized in high-quality using the proper equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage removal costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at 1-866-323-7285. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.