Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold in your house. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the species of mold that is found in your house or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a location on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is virtually impossible for you to stop mold encountering your residence. It’s only when mold is growing in your house that you need to be worried. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the species of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert that can devise the optimal way for treatment and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the first step in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to the treatment of mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services partnered with basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your residence and major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it resides in, this means that the longer it remains untreated in your residence, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your property and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that can produce toxic microbes.
With the variety of molds that can reside in any given residence, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist with getting your house free and safe from the most dangerous molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which thrives both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi easily enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous surfaces like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor variety bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is lucky, as it’s among the more horrible. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. Acremonium is a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in both warm and cold environments and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly located in soft goods and thrives and moves in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It does well in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know there is mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to remove dangerous mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.